[mythtv-users] Hauppauge in trouble with the FCC

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Mar 7 23:34:55 UTC 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 4:04 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

> Huh?  This is about their analog tuner cards.  Their HD capture
> product doesn't even contain a tuner, as far as I know.

No, it doesn't. But somebody had to "report" them, and H'Wood might
just be in a vindictive mood.

Does this mean it will be illegal to sell VCRs unless they are re-
engineered to have an ATSC tuner? That'd be the end of $30 VCRs.

> I think you need to add another layer of tinfoil to your hat.
> Remember, shiny side out, or it'll focus the mind control rays instead
> of deflecting them. ;)

Yeah, my brain has been acting up lately, maybe I need to adjust my
medication :-)

beww