[mythtv-users] Help With Custom Record Rule Syntax

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 8 21:05:10 UTC 2008

On 03/08/2008 02:17 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> I am currently using 0.20.2 from Gentoo's portage system.  The system
> status screen shows the Myth version as "0.20.20070821-1".
>
> Back some time ago, Bruce Markey posted an idea for a custom recording
> rule marked as 'inactive' to alert one to upcoming new shows.  My
> version of the rule is this:

> AND
> channel.callsign IN ("KCRA", "KQCA", "KXTV", "KOVR", "KMAX", "KXTL")

Your output shows KTXL, not KXTL, though the others from KCRA and KMAX
should show (at least in the direct query).  Note that the only ones
that occur in the future are on KTXL, so...  Note, also, you're not
including KTXLDT or KCRADT or KMAXDT.

> AND
>     ((program.title LIKE '%Pilot%'
>      OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Pilot%'
>      OR program.description LIKE '%Pilot%')
>   OR
>      (program.title LIKE '%Premiere%'
>      OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Premiere%'
>      OR program.description LIKE '%Premiere%'))

Unrelated to the problem you're seeing, but--since you are most likely
using Schedules Direct--why aren't you using the example "first
episodes" clause?

AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'
AND program.originalairdate = DATE(program.starttime)

Though the example in in 0.20-fixes is:

program.previouslyshown = 0
AND program.first > 0
AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'
AND DAYOFYEAR(program.originalairdate) =
    DAYOFYEAR(program.starttime)

Mike