[mythtv-users] Help With Custom Record Rule Syntax

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Mar 8 22:11:40 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/08/2008 02:17 PM, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
>
>> I am currently using 0.20.2 from Gentoo's portage system.  The system
>> status screen shows the Myth version as "0.20.20070821-1".
>>
>> Back some time ago, Bruce Markey posted an idea for a custom recording
>> rule marked as 'inactive' to alert one to upcoming new shows.  My
>> version of the rule is this:

>> AND
>> channel.callsign IN ("KCRA", "KQCA", "KXTV", "KOVR", "KMAX", "KXTL")
>>

> Your output shows KTXL, not KXTL, though the others from KCRA and KMAX
> should show (at least in the direct query).  Note that the only ones
> that occur in the future are on KTXL, so...  Note, also, you're not
> including KTXLDT or KCRADT or KMAXDT.

Oh, whoops!  I don't know how many times I "verified" that the callsigns
were correct.  Thanks for catching my error.  This was driving me nuts!

The *DT are intentionally excluded because they are 4:3 digital channels
that carry the same programming as the non DT counterparts that
broadcast in 16:9.  However thanks for pointing that out.

>> AND
>>     ((program.title LIKE '%Pilot%'
>>      OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Pilot%'
>>      OR program.description LIKE '%Pilot%')
>>   OR
>>      (program.title LIKE '%Premiere%'
>>      OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Premiere%'
>>      OR program.description LIKE '%Premiere%'))
>>

> Unrelated to the problem you're seeing, but--since you are most likely
> using Schedules Direct--why aren't you using the example "first
> episodes" clause?
>
> AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'
> AND program.originalairdate = DATE(program.starttime)
>
> Though the example in in 0.20-fixes is:
>
> program.previouslyshown = 0
> AND program.first > 0
> AND program.programid LIKE 'EP%0001'
> AND DAYOFYEAR(program.originalairdate) =
>     DAYOFYEAR(program.starttime)

I am using Schedules Direct however I added this rule several years ago
before SD existed.  I was probably still using 0.17.  At that time the
example didn't exist in mythfrontend and the one discussed on this list
was more like mine as I recall.  I'm no SQL expert but I suspect the new
example is more efficient.  I will check it out.

Thanks for your help,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!