[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 04:50:12 UTC 2008

Bill Williamson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Mario Limonciello
> <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> It seems sane, and I can see how/why you're doing it that way.  I'm
> not very keen on the backports (perhaps just from being burned by
> debian, maybe not rational?) repository... is there an easy way for
> someone like me running a stock ubuntu "current" + mythbuntu to get
> .21?
>
> The way I see it my options are
> -wait until 8.04
> -download the files from the backports repo and install them manually
> -play with pinning and prios so that backports will be in my system,
> but NOTHING non-myth will be installed from it
>
> Is #3 my winner?  If so, does anyone know enough about apt pinning to
> help me make a config that will work?

Well the way you should do is this:

1) Activate trunk or backports (your choice on this one)
2) Install *just* the changed mythtv things.
3) Deactivate the repo

You won't have to mess with pinning or anything then.  You will get just new
myth builds and nothing more.  The versions are all greater than stuff in the
archive, so you won't have to pin anything.

--
Mario Limonciello
mario.mailing at gmail.com