[mythtv-users] Dell Small Factor Computers

Benjamin Peikes ben at peikes.com
Sun Mar 9 19:15:20 UTC 2008

Mark, what size is the case you're using? Can you give a specific case?
Would the setup you're listing allow recording? Does it include a DVD
player?

It would be great if there was a hardware setup "database" where people
could post the specs for their systems including costs, capabilities, etc.

It's hard to believe that if Apple can sell Apple TV units for $250, that
someone can't sell MythTV hardware for $500. The only systems I've seen are
over $1000, which is a bit insane.

I was thinking about a Shuttle, but they seem too expensive. Is there a used
Shuttle market out there? If there is, I can't find it. You'd think at this
point I should be able to get a used Shuttle with all of the hardware I need
to run MythTV for < $500.