[mythtv-users] Which SVN? - Ubuntu Edgy

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 02:00:29 UTC 2008

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Hi all
>
> With MythBuntu moving on to v8.04 I am looking at going back to Ubuntu
> Edgy and SVN. WIth the release of the 021 branch, would I now use the
> "fixes" branch from SVN instead of trunk if I wanted to get a "stable"
> build? Or is there anything happening on the Ubuntu packages front for
> 021 that will allow me to get apt-get install mythtv on Edgy?
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Yes, the fixes branch is now the stable branch. If you wait a few days
your packager should have 0.21 packages you can just apt-get.

I think MythBuntu has been preparing for this update with a completely
new release. I would probably suggest this route unless you have a need
to keep your existing setup in which case "apt-get build-dep mythtv" is
your buddy.