[mythtv-users] iMac as possible Frontend?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Mar 10 14:46:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 07:51:16PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2008, at 7:20 PM, jedi wrote:
>
> >> Right. And not for the price of a 17" iMac. I'm not saying an iMac is
> >> the best solution. I'm saying it's a good all in one solution for
> >> under $500 which is what the OP asked.
> >
> >    Given how the current generation iMacs are, I wouldn't assume
> > anything. It seems like each different model has a different graphics
> > chipset and from varying manufacturers too.
>
> I can't even tell why you're still arguing with me so I'll stop.

    You don't seem to have any clue or want one.

    OTOH, I've actually looked into this idea. I did it with the
modern intel iMacs and found it somewhat problematic for exactly
the reason I stated. This thread also made me curious about ebay
(where this other guy is shopping apparently). The intel iMacs
there seem to be all radeon based (probably a problem) and the
PPC iMacs don't even specific graphics hardware. That would be
another detail to sort out.

    There are similarly equipped PCs. So that's something else
to consider.