[mythtv-users] Which SVN? - Ubuntu Edgy

Justin Stanczak rizenine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:25:49 UTC 2008

Well I didn't really start it, as much as commenting on the "*I suspect the
age of the hardware is the problem along with Gutsy (and no doubt future
editions of Ubuntu) requiring more and more horsepower to run them, ala
Windows Vista.*" part. I guess the irony of concern to OS power consumption,
combined with that iMac comment seems in contrast to me. That's all. But by
all means anyone can comment. I have a sick skin, everyone to their own and
all.

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2008, at 4:29 AM, Justin Stanczak wrote:
>
> > And your talking about Gusty needing horse power? Not to start a
> > flame, but I hate Mac crap. People act like Macs are so great, but
> > they are more proprietary then MS and require more horse power to
> > run. I would take MS over Mac any day, but I tossed them all long
> > ago for Linux. I mean why do you think they only sell high end
> > hardware on their site, it's all that will run Mac. Again sorry for
> > the flame, but I was recently bothered by some Mac people. The best
> > they could come up with was Mac is sexy. Mac would be a huge step
> > backwards from the MS controlled world we have now. :)
>
> If you didn't want to start a discussion about it, why say anything at
> all?

- Edmund Burke