[mythtv-users] How to delete mythfrontend client settings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:48:13 UTC 2008

On 10/03/2008, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Seems to me that mythtv-setup could do with an option to "display all known
>  hosts" followed by a "remove all information relating to <hostname>" option.
>
>  Save a lot of horsing about with SQL. Quite a lot of folks including myself have
>  had to do similar, especially in the early stages where we are setting up test
>  machines for experimenting with backend/frontend/hardware/distro variables.

I like that idea - something for me to work on before 0.22 perhaps?

An existing option to get around this issue available in mythfrontend
is to change the custom identifier (rather than use the hostname) you
use for mythfrontend settings. It obviously does not cover backend
settings controlled through mythtv-setup, but if you are wanting to
quickly change between various mythfrontend settings it is at least
easy to use.

The settings table will obviously accumulate some cruft doing this if
you create lots of test setups, but not so much to affect DB
performance.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: