[mythtv-users] OT - Mac Advocacy, was; Which SVN?

Jason Spears shadestalker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:34:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

>  I do, except I see it as paying for the /option/ of running Windows or
>  Linux while I /get/ to use OS X. ;)

My wife's going to be switching to a Mac from a Windows PC soon.  Home
desktop administration is definitely an area where WAF can be
important, and the stability of the Windows on x86 platform just isn't
there with so many IHVs and ISVs participating (note I didn't say
cooperating.)

There are of course compromises, which is why I'll keep using my PC.
For example, the number of officially supported video cards for the
Power Mac G5 seems to be 5 - 10, and that's a Mac specific version
you'll be paying through the nose for.  Everything has its price.