[mythtv-users] DST-related guide problem - inserted into db off by one hour

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 11 02:06:36 UTC 2008

On 03/10/2008 09:33 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> While we are on the topic of DST, I forgot to mention what I noticed.
> When I checked the guide, it showed a blank hour with no data from 2
> to 3 AM, when in reality there should have been no hour there. Thats
> all well and fine, as long as myth knows how to handle it. However, I
> saw there was a movie airing that ran for 2.5 hours starting at
> midnight. That put it's end time at 2:30AM...a time that didn't
> technically exist. Wondering what would happen, I set it to record. It
> ended up only recording 2 hours of the show. At 2 AM, the time
> instantly jumped to 3AM, so myth figured that was after 2:30AM, so it
> should stop. I never got a chance to pull the data from SD to see if
> it was a myth error or a data error.
>
> Likewise, I haven't been running a recent version of myth long enough
> to see the fall changeover, but on 0.18 I don't remember seeing the
> repeated hour from 1AM to 2PM that there should have been.

Yep.  And the standard response--about 2 times per year for years--has
been, if it bothers you enough, we'll be glad to accept the patch you
submit.  :)

(Though, if it really does bother you enough, you should probably
discuss your proposed solution on the -dev list--mention you plan to
code it yourself so the devs will take you seriously--as
hacks/workarounds are unlikely to be accepted.)

Mike