[mythtv-users] 1080i HD and macmini: Choppy playback

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 07:58:30 UTC 2008

Per Wade's instructions, I set the Video mode Settings as follows:

Unchecked "Auto-Scaling"
Check "Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback"
GUI: 1920x1080, Video Output: 1920x1080, Rate: ANY Aspect:Default
X:1920 Y:1080 Output:1920x1080 Rate:Any Aspect:Default
(repeat for the 720p resolution)
(repeat for the NTSC resolution)

I noticed that the resolution never changed for the different video
streams, tried 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and NTSC.

On a side note, i figured why my frontend wasn't starting and it
wasn't due to changing the settings... basically, I fat fingered
something very badly on the backend.