[mythtv-users] Decent Music Player

Craig Partin cpartin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:00:18 UTC 2008

>  > So my question is: Can the mythMusic plugin be configured do behave
>  > like
>  > this?
>  > Or where is the best place to start to write a plugin that does
>  > this? I
>  > would really like have a crack at some myth coding...but would be
>  > happy if
>  > the functionality already was there.
>  >
>  > Thanks for listening,
>
>  This is how it works for me right now.
>
>  Music Settings>General Settings>second screen
>  Tree Sorting - I have this set to: splitartist artist album title
>  Number of Artists Tree Groups - I have this set to Many to give all 26
>  letters as folders above the Artist
>  Filename Format -  I have this set to ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK_TITLE. I
>  think the default had GENRE before ARTIST, but I don't have my folders
>  set up like that so I took it out.
>
>  You can also choose to ignore the ID3 tags and only get the info from
>  the directory structure.
>
>  This is in 0.21 by the way.

While my music is in a artist/album directory structure, I also highly
recommend tagging all of your files. All of the good (IMO) music
organizers are tag based.  You get a great deal more information
available to the player and more choices on sorting.  For example I
make use of the genre field and can easily get to my jazz, or rock
section depending on mood.