[mythtv-users] AppleTV with Linux

Ben Firshman ben at firshman.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 18:30:52 UTC 2008

My progress for HDMI audio:

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-March/006592.html
and
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-March/006595.html

.. and I seem to have hit a brick wall. It all appears to be working
from alsa, but there's probably some special switch/register on the
Apple TV that needs flipping. Or maybe the 1390 chip in the Apple TV
is slightly different somehow to the 1392 which already has ALSA
support.

Another thing - are you sure it's the 1930 chip in the Apple TV? The
model shows up as 1390 to ALSA.

Also, the IR receiver only appears to pick up signals from some
remotes. I have yet to find a remote to record which has enough
buttons though!

Ben