[mythtv-users] Questions prior to 0.21 upgrade

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 11 20:55:17 UTC 2008

When I upgraded from 0.19 to 0.20, I did it by compiling
the source and one of the things I did was to rename all
occurances of "mythconverg" to "mythconverg20". Yes, I
dealt with .mythtv/mysql.txt too.

Could myth do something like this automatically ?
That is, instead of blowing away the 0.20 DB,
instead it copies the old DB to the new one as it
converts.

It seems like a lot of people like to flip between
versions, some are even creating VMs to do so, so
it seems like it might be appreciated if it was
easier.