[mythtv-users] Meta: PLEASE trim posts !

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 11 21:50:37 UTC 2008

Stroller wrote:
> I find the amount of HTML / rich-text email use on this list
> staggering, and it stands out for the reason I've isolated above.
>
> You want me to help you with your problem, and I can't even read your
> tiny, green, courier question?!!?!?
>
> I am amazed that people can post like this.

While it doesn't address the wasted bandwidth incurred by the schmucks sending
HTML mail (to say nothing about the additional wastage caused by top-posting),
at least Thunderbird has a menu option to view everything as plain-text:

View -> Message Body As -> Plain Text

That gets rid of people's horrid color/font choices and puts you back in
control of the appearance of incoming email.

   _/_
  / v \ Scott Alfter