[mythtv-users] Livetv and scheduling

Florian Bittner flo at flobittner.de
Wed Mar 12 11:12:01 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch 12.März 2008 10:39:07 schrieb Markus Schulz:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. März 2008 01:47 schrieb Nick Morrott:
> > On 11/03/2008, Markus Schulz <msc at antzsystem.de> wrote:
> > > hello,
> > >
> > >  First question:
> > >  is there a way to tell the scheduler to prevent scheduling to a
> > >  (dvb)tuner where currently livetv is running?
> > >  Perhaps with a reschedule within the last seconds/minute to check
> > > if it is really essential to break livetv for the recording.
> >
> > Yes, with 0.21. There is a new option called "Allow live TV to move
> > scheduled shows" in mythfrontend in TV preferences that gives
> > priority to LiveTV and reschedules recordings when enabled.
>
> thanks, haven't found so far. will try this evening.
>
> > >  Second question:
> > >  If i schedule two recordings at the same time for different
> > > channels but on the same transponder, the scheduler choose
> > > different tuner for the recordings.
> > >  It would be nice if he "save" tuner resources wherever he can.
> > >  Currently possible?
> >
> > Yes, with 0.21. This is possible now that the multirec feature has
> > been added.
>
> sorry, forgot to mention, i'm already using trunk.
> currently i'm use 5 (max) records per tuner, but the scheduler still use
> both cards for two recordings on same transponder. Perhaps if there was
> a third recording on different transponder he will use same card twice.
> But i want to save tuner resources to allow livetv furthermore.

I checked this a few minutes ago. My backend has 3 dvb-s tuners with set to 3
max recordings each. I added 3 recordings on same transponder starting
immediately. They used 3 different cards and no more recordings (on different
transponders) where possible.

Second try, i scheduled 3 recordings on same transponder to start in future.
they are scheduled on 3 different cards.
I added 6 recordings on 2 other transponders and all recordings are
rescheduled so that all are running at the same time.

In my opinion the rescheduling should happen sooner. Not only when conflicts
happen. The check should be made when a recording is added. Then the first
case ( 3 recordings on same transponder but on 3 cards) could be avoided and
livetv would be more flexible. If i turn on livetv in case 1 now then i have
only a small set of usable channels. With rescheduling sooner i wouldn't have
this problem.

Greetings,
Flo