[mythtv-users] Livetv and scheduling

Florian Bittner flo at flobittner.de
Wed Mar 12 14:49:11 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch 12.März 2008 13:19:51 schrieb Steve Daniels:
> On 12/03/2008, Florian Bittner <flo at flobittner.de> wrote:
> > I checked this a few minutes ago. My backend has 3 dvb-s tuners with set
> > to 3 max recordings each. I added 3 recordings on same transponder
> > starting immediately. They used 3 different cards and no more recordings
> > (on different transponders) where possible.
> >
> >  Second try, i scheduled 3 recordings on same transponder to start in
> > future. they are scheduled on 3 different cards.
> >  I added 6 recordings on 2 other transponders and all recordings are
> >  rescheduled so that all are running at the same time.
> >
> >  In my opinion the rescheduling should happen sooner. Not only when
> > conflicts happen. The check should be made when a recording is added.
> > Then the first case ( 3 recordings on same transponder but on 3 cards)
> > could be avoided and livetv would be more flexible. If i turn on livetv
> > in case 1 now then i have only a small set of usable channels. With
> > rescheduling sooner i wouldn't have this problem.
> >
> >  Greetings,
> >  Flo
>
> Flo, in what order did you add your tuners? If you delete all, and
> then add a single tuner, increase the max recordings on this tuner so
> the virtual tuners of the parent are all in line. Then do the same for
> each other tuner.

Thanks, that did it. Because of the update the cardnumbers where mixed and so
the schedule was wrong.
Is there a way to change the displayname of the tuners? The only possibility i
found is in the database directly. Now i have unique names for all 15 (3
cards * 5 max recording) tuners. Much better for upcoming recordings in
mythweb.