[mythtv-users] OT: colorblindness

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:31:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>  Depends on where you are.  ISTR that the Czech Republic had the highest
>  incidence of color blindness, something like 30%.  And I fall into that
>  category.  Red-Green, Blue-Green, Blue-Purple.  Then again, us Czechs make
>  up for it with good night vision.  Not sure what that says about our
>  heritage - thievery in the dark in our blood?  Outrunning from the various
>  occupying armies over the ages?  :-)

funny, I've got the same, Red-Green, Blue-Green, Blue-Purple levels of
color blindness. I'm pretty bad but not horrible (I've met people that
see in shades of one of the RGB's). But I do have excellent night
vision as well. Makes sense, just funny to hear that its a dominantly
genetic amongst Czechs (I'm of Russian descent).

On a side note, I've recently decided my g/f *must* be tetrachromatic
as she seems to be able to see color differences that two of the girls
I live with (5 of us in a house) can't. So thats rather humorous,
we've decided she will be dressing me from now on...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!