[mythtv-users] Decent Music Player

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:02:49 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Damian O'Sullivan <shabba at skynet.ie> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Steven Adeff wrote:
>
>  > You can have MythMusic display your music using your folder structure
>  > instead of by using the ID tags.
>  > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythMusic_File_Organization
>  > use 'directory'
>
>  This is all well and good except I have organised my music by
>  Artist-Album/tracks
>
>  I have over 2500 albums so scrolling becomes a nightmare. Would be nice to
>  use the remote for jumping to letters. Also page up/page down does not
>  seem to work for me in mythmusic. I would love to have a nice mythmusic
>  setup but for me it is unusable really.

You may need to install MythControl to change the mapping, but I have
Page Up/Down working fine in MythMusic on all my frontends.

I agree, for large collections the view method sucks, but noone has
really stepped up to the plate to enhance the Tree system MythMusic
uses. Of course you could always change your folder structure to
include Genre or something to help break it up.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!