[mythtv-users] CLI Options for Internal Player ?

lemongecko at gmail.com lemongecko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 19:16:06 UTC 2008

On 3/12/08, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
> > Just so you know, h264 playback is still a bit flakey in the internal
> > player. Last time I tried (about a month ago) I had no luck. There is
>

> If you are running latest 0.21-fixes you should see a huge improvement in
> regards to that over a month ago.

First off, I'm posting this from gmail via links (text based lovin'),
so if it looks wonky, I'll try and behave better next time.

I am interested in what can be done via the "post process" playback
filter. I think that might be what the OP was looking for.

What exactly can "post process" do? I know the docs say "While this
exists in MythTV source code, it is currently not recommended for use"
and have said that for as long as I can remember, at least as far back
as 0.15. I've made some cursory glances at the source code, but I
can't see what "post process" provides. If this gives us access to
ffmpeg's many post-processing capabilities, I'd like to figure them
out. :-)