[mythtv-users] HD on CN700 MSI MS-7199 board?

Thomas Kessler electronikjunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:16:59 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm having no luck pushing HD material on my MSI MS-7199 board. It's a Via
CN700 Unichrome Pro video chip set. I've tried the following:
- compiled openchrome drivers from source
- set xorg.conf driver as openchrome
- built mythtv-0.20 with: --enable-xvmc-pro
- went through xvmc page on mythtv wiki for help
- even tried building mythtv w/xvmc_buf_attr->SetNumSurf(12) and
max_num_xvmc_surfaces(12) (as discussed here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/3035/mythtv.diff)

Normal TV works fine. HD is choppy and there a bunch of prebuffering
messages.

Anyone got some ideas.

TK