[mythtv-users] Decent Music Player

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Mar 12 20:22:26 UTC 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM, Mike Smith <mike at smithburnett.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> In the end, I set MPD up on my frontends, and use Ampache running
>> on my
>> master backend to stream out MP3s. That way I can be sitting in
>> front of the
>> machine and use a web browser running on a laptop to control its
>> music
>> playback. It's not a Myth-based solution, but it works for me.
>> Something
>> else to look into.
>>

> I am wondering if there is any way to incorporate something like this
> into mythweb.  I was hopeful, when I saw the mp3act integration that
> this would be possible, as I believe mp3act is capable of doing this
> in jukebox mode (but I was never successful in getting it to do so).
> Is there any plans on completing this integration (if it hasn't been
> done so already)?

I had mp3act running jukebox mode before the MythWeb integration. I'm
not sure why it was implemented without it. Probably because of the
dependencies of other players in order to use it. Hacking it back in
shouldn't be too much trouble, I wouldn't think. for now, I run a
separate instances of mp3act on the same set of music files. Probably
not the best way to approach this. :)