[mythtv-users] glass-wide, a widescreen GUI theme for MythTV released

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Wed Mar 12 21:05:44 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2008, at 1:37 PM, lemongecko at gmail.com wrote:
>

>> On 3/12/08, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Google knew where to find it:
>>> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/multiverse/m/mythtv-theme-glass-wide/mythtv-theme-glass-wide_0.20071107.orig.tar.gz
>>>
>>> I searched for glass-wide mythtv. Second link.
>>>

>> ...and flipping over to a GIS shows a pretty screenshot as its first
>> link:
>>
>> http://mythtvnews.com/2007/11/14/new-mythtv-theme-glass-wide/
>>
>> Verdict? Dammitall, now *I* want it, too!
>>

> No idea if it works with 0.21. I would guess that since it wasn't
> included then it probably wasn't maintained and won't work. But that's
> just a guess.

Well, I just swapped from MePo to it (forgot I had it installed) and it
seems to work fine in 0.21, some minor image and text placement errors
in MythVideo->Gallery view... but I remember it doing that in 0.20.2 so
meh, checked both the main theme and the OSD.  AFIC that the original
site said something to the effect of "should work in 0.21, ain't ever
gonna work in 0.22 unless you do it".