[mythtv-users] PXE Network Boot

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:44:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>  My system PXE boots fine with a motherboard using nvidia 630i chipset
>  and the onboard nic that uses the forcedeth driver. What I DO have an
>  issue with is trying to do a suspend to ram with such a setup. The
>  forcedeth driver currently is corrupted when waking, so you need to
>  unload it before sleeping and reload it after.

Ron,

What exactly do you mean is corrupted when waking?  If it has to do
with the MAC address getting reversed, I figured out a way to smash
that glitch (at least for Fedora/CentOS based systems).  I just add an
entry to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth#, where # is the
appropriate digit for the ethernet interface (usually 0, but YMMV).
The entry is a duplicate of the one that *should* already be there for
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx with the parameter name changed to
MACADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx and placed on a separate line.  This causes
the MAC address to be forced on every initialization (which includes
after hibernations!).

HTH.

Craig.