[mythtv-users] One of two of my HD tuners will no longer tune

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:21:46 UTC 2008

I have two Air2PC/HD5000 cards that have worked fine for almost 2
years now.  However, suddenly I'm finding that one of the two won't
tune.  I really have no clue what happened, and I don't think it was
directly related to the upgrade to .21 since I saw this before the
upgrade, but didn't think anything of it.

What happens is that I basically get a zero byte recording.  The other
HD tuner works just fine.  When I go into mythtv-setup and I scan
channels on one tuner and see the signal meter fluctuate quickly.
However, when I try to scan channels with the other one, the meter
just sits there around 29% if I remember correctly and doesn't
fluctuate at all like there's no signal.

I've done the obvious things, like switch cables, to no avail.

Any ideas what the heck I can do or did my card just go kaboom with no warning?

Thanks!
Matt