[mythtv-users] One of two of my HD tuners will no longer tune

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 01:07:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Matt S. <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two Air2PC/HD5000 cards that have worked fine for almost 2
> years now.  However, suddenly I'm finding that one of the two won't
> tune.  I really have no clue what happened, and I don't think it was
> directly related to the upgrade to .21 since I saw this before the
> upgrade, but didn't think anything of it.
>
> What happens is that I basically get a zero byte recording.  The other
> HD tuner works just fine.  When I go into mythtv-setup and I scan
> channels on one tuner and see the signal meter fluctuate quickly.
> However, when I try to scan channels with the other one, the meter
> just sits there around 29% if I remember correctly and doesn't
> fluctuate at all like there's no signal.
>
> I've done the obvious things, like switch cables, to no avail.
>
> Any ideas what the heck I can do or did my card just go kaboom with no warning?
>
> Thanks!
> Matt

OK - I moved the card to another PCI slot.  Here's the weird thing.

- I can now see action on both DVB cards on the Channel Scanner
- I can watch LiveTV on either of my DVB tuners
- I can _not_ record anything on one of my DVB tuners (the same one
that I moved).

When I try to record, it'll show up in the recordings list, but will
never have a file ready and say the recording is not yet ready.

What the heck?!

Thanks!
Matt