[mythtv-users] how do I setup MultRec for 0.21?

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Mar 13 02:38:26 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott wrote:
> Setting the number of virtual tuner >1 for a capture card enables
> multirec and governs how many parallel recordings can be made from a
> capture card, assuming the channels to be recorded from are broadcast
> on the same multiplex.

Not to hijack the thread, but the original question seems to have been
answered now, and I haven't seen this question asked....

Is there any advantage to keeping the number of virtual tuners low?  Why not
just set it to 10 for each card?

Here in Oz, we have at most 2 useful channels on a multiplex, but we badly
need to use start early and end late, making back-to-back recordings overlap.
 So I'd like to configure 4 virtual tuners on each of my 3 DVB cards.  Is
that going to overtax something?  I've got 1G of memory and an AMD64 3000+
(single core) CPU in my combined BE/FE box.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you