[mythtv-users] can't get into mythweb

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Mar 13 18:48:13 UTC 2008

Hello all, i can't get into mythweb. I was discussing the top under another
form topic, but it just didn't fit the topic.

I am able to get into mythfrontend just fine, and i have php myadmin setup
(locally) and it get's in no prob using the root's account and password.
However, i noticed that i can't get into mysql from the command line using
the same mythtv user or the root user. So i am thinking that my mythweb
problem is related to that somehow.

Right now, when i open up my mythweb url in my browser, it asks for the user
and pass, so my apache settings are somewhat correct, then i get in and get

Database Access Denied

You are most likely receiving this message because you
have failed to configure mythweb's database login info.

Please see INSTALL for instructions.

I have check over the install instructions like 20 times. I just am lost.

Please advise
-Thanks
-Steve