[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 00:29:06 UTC 2008

I was able to compile and produce the deb packages for xebian 1.1.3
(debian sarge), however, when I run the frontend, it seg faults on me.
 More debugging is going to be needed, sigh.

Here are breadcrumbs for people to try (in case I can't get to it):
1.  Setting up xebian to run in vmware: http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Vmware
2.  debian pkg'ing subdir for compiling:
http://yoeu.net/~fa/mythtv-0.21.20080313-001.experimental.debian.tar.gz
3.  Grab the mythtv-0.21 sources; untar.
4.  Untar the tarball above inside of .../mythtv-0.21, so you should
have .../mythtv-0.21/debian.  NOTE, this is experimental and as I
stated above doesn't seem to work, it is here for people to help me
debug.
5.  cd mythtv-0.21
6.  debian/rules binary

That should start the build process and out will pop the deb packages.
 Good luck.  On a side note, I tried the etch mythtv-0.21 deb source
packages, but ran into dependency hell since I want to stay mostly on
sarge.