[mythtv-users] Getting Irwatch.pl to work

Steve Wilson mythtv_arizona at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 04:49:02 UTC 2008

I've gotten bits of this to work but not the whole
thing.

I tested out the reboot key sequence and when I
entered 12345 the system rebooted.

system("reboot > /dev/null &") if $count==0 &&
checkSequence(qw(1 2 3 4 5));

I fast forwarded an hour show to the end then when I
tried to skip to the beginning of the show nothing
happened.

	#skip to the beginning if the user holds down
skipback
	if(isButton([$haup, 'page-down', 1], [$tivo,
'skipback', 1]) && inPlayback())
	{
		sendMythCommand('play seek beginning');
		next;
	};

I assume I had to change the '' next to the $haup to
an actual button that was in my .lircr file which I
did with the page down button which is called
button=page-down in the lircr file.

Also, I assume I had to change this to the name of my
remote that is specified in the lirc.conf file.

my $haup = lc('Motorola_DRC200');

I don't have a name specified in my .lircr file. I
only have one remote so I left the $tive variable as
is.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?