[mythtv-users] How to get rid of slow and fancy menu fade in/out effects

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:16:14 UTC 2008

On 3/14/08, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> It was really only the OpenGL transitions in MythGallery that it didn't
> handle for me.  That and I had to crank Goom way down (to the point of
> blockiness).

Whoops :)  sorry to misunderstand you, and to further spread that
misunderstanding. Some day I'll have to try turning on the OpenGL
renderer again and see how it fares at the higher resolution. I always
liked the way the transitions looked, but I found that "it" made the
frontend crash when exiting from watching a recording/video. Note that
I have done no investigative work to prove that it is really the
OpenGL stuff that caused my problems, I just noticed that it tended to
crash less often when I turned it off.

I did have to turn off OpenGL transitions in MythGallery; you're
right, they were waaaay too slow :(   ...reminded me of trying to run
OpenGL stuff on my Matrox G450, at 1600x1200 :)

And I rarely ever use MythMusic, but if I do I'll try to remember to
reconfigure the visualization.

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent