[mythtv-users] How to get rid of slow and fancy menu fade in/out effects

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:17:21 UTC 2008

> Paint Engine
>  - Qt
>  - OpenGL
> This selects what MythTV uses to draw.  If you have decent hardware,
> select OpenGL. Changing this requires a restart.

What constitutes "decent hardware" on a myth system?  For some reason, after
upgrading to .21, my frontend can hardly display SD content (on an SD TV; @
1024x768; which was a mythbuntu default that worked beautifully on .20.2),
with a  P4, 1.7ghz processor, 128mb GeFrorce FX5200, and 1.25gb of ram.  It
gets extra slow when the OSD is used.

Also, (not to hijack the thread, but this seems somewhat related) does
anyone have a decent explanation of how to use the new screen to control
which render, deinterlacer, etc.?  Maybe I'm the only one that finds it less
than intuitive.