[mythtv-users] PXE Network Boot

Chris Tepe cstepe at ctdataservices.com
Sat Mar 15 02:06:34 UTC 2008

Mitch Gore wrote:
>  (in case
>
>>  someone using Fedora finds this thread) what exactly did you do that
>>  fixed the eth0 issue?
>>
>>  --
>>  Ron
>>

> Nothing, it appears i was only seeing the error while running in VMware.
>
> I am fully booted now but.
> My next issue is sound or lack thereof.
>
> Not sure if its a pulseaudio issue but thats my first guess.
>
> Mitchell

Did you ever get it to boot in VMware?  I've been trying to test mine
using VMware but can not get it to finish booting.  It finds my image
and loads the kernel.  It gets to Starting udev  pauses for a while then
states that it is taking to long and will continue in the background.
The system continues to boot and gets to the point where I believe it
should give me the login in prompt but after waiting for a while it
displays init: "1" respawning too fast.  I get this for 1 thru 6.  These
just start repeating every 5 min. or so.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080313-0, 03/13/2008
Tested on: 3/14/2008 10:06:43 PM