[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 06:20:41 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Ryan <wyild1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I used this to upgrade:
> http://www.knizefamily.net/russ/software/xbox.html
> This weekend im going to flash the BIOS on another xbox i have kicking
> around and install xebian.  That will allow me to use the 2.6.x kernel and
> maybe all this dependancy issues will go away.  Hopefully hehe

I didn't realize we could use the 2.6 kernel.  If that is the case,
what is preventing us from using a different distro like ubuntu, which
is very good for mythtv support.  I guess we would need to compile
specifically for the xbox, but it would be worth approaching mario and
seeing if he could do that, if the rest is possible.

Thoughts?

Whytey