[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 06:46:32 UTC 2008

>  I didn't realize we could use the 2.6 kernel.  If that is the case,
>  what is preventing us from using a different distro like ubuntu, which
>  is very good for mythtv support.  I guess we would need to compile
>  specifically for the xbox, but it would be worth approaching mario and
>  seeing if he could do that, if the rest is possible.
>
>  Thoughts?

The 2.6 kernel does not have support for FATX partitions.  This is no
problem if you wish to commit your XBox to Linux 100% of the time.
However, I would like to continue to use my XBox for playing XBox
games and XBMC, and as such; must run Xebian as an application
installed on my FATX-drive.  Therefore, those of us wanting to keep
the XBox as an XBox need to stay with kernel 2.4.