[mythtv-users] Sync Issues 0.21

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:48:27 UTC 2008

So I dove in and upgraded this weekend. I backed up my db, and did a
complete reload. I installed openSUSE 10.3, updated everything and
installed myth using yast. Everything was pretty smooth, I restored
my database, and then ran setup, it upgraded accordingly. The problem
is, since I've upgraded, everything I've recorded is all out of
whack. When I play it, the audio and video get out of sync, then the
audio speeds up to catch the video and cuts in and out, and the video
plays as if it's in fast forward. If I play the file in mplayer, the
audio plays at normal speed, but the video is playing in fast
forward. All files are recorded in mpeg4 (Xvid). I know this is tough
on a CPU, but have never had problems in the past. I can watch last
nights recordings, and they play just fine, but anything that's been
recorded since the upgrade is all wonky.

For troubleshooting:

P4 2.4ghz
1gig ram
Matrox G450 (this is supposed to be a backend only)
Hauppage WinTV-Go plus (bt878)