[mythtv-users] Recommended kernel version for 0.21, nova-t 500 and pvr 250 running under Xen

Jeppe N. Madsen jeppe at ingolfs.dk
Sat Mar 15 10:26:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been running Mythtv for several years with a single PVR250. Works
wonderfully. But I need to move into the DVB-T era and the wife wants
the ability to record more channels :-)

So now I've bought new backend hardware and a Nova-T 500 DVB-T dual
tuner. My current backend is an 800Mhz PIII, the new an AMD 64x2 since
i want to consolidate all my servers using Xen.

I have myth 0.21 with the DVB-T tuners running in a xen virtual
machine and it seems to work ok. dom0 runs Debian Etch using xen
3.0.2, domU runs Etch with everything except kernel upgraded to Lenny.

Before replacing my production myth box with the new server I wanted
to get any input on the recommended kernel version for the machine
running mythtv backend with a PVR250 and a Nova-T 500.

And also any gotchas with Xen using mythtv or any of the recommended
kernel versions :-)

/Jeppe