[mythtv-users] Sync Issues 0.21

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Sat Mar 15 14:55:52 UTC 2008

On 15-Mar-08, at 2:48 AM, Jon wrote:

> So I dove in and upgraded this weekend. I backed up my db, and did a
> complete reload. I installed openSUSE 10.3, updated everything and
> installed myth using yast. Everything was pretty smooth, I restored
> my database, and then ran setup, it upgraded accordingly. The problem
> is, since I've upgraded, everything I've recorded is all out of
> whack. When I play it, the audio and video get out of sync, then the
> audio speeds up to catch the video and cuts in and out, and the video
> plays as if it's in fast forward. If I play the file in mplayer, the
> audio plays at normal speed, but the video is playing in fast
> forward. All files are recorded in mpeg4 (Xvid). I know this is tough
> on a CPU, but have never had problems in the past. I can watch last
> nights recordings, and they play just fine, but anything that's been
> recorded since the upgrade is all wonky.
>

> For troubleshooting:
>
> P4 2.4ghz
> 1gig ram
> Matrox G450 (this is supposed to be a backend only)
> Hauppage WinTV-Go plus (bt878)

I have experienced exactly this.  I had to go back to 20.2
I am still trying on a test machine with the latest SVN though.
I think it is an internal player issue.  Perhaps related to ffmpeg
I see exactly the symptoms you do.  Just some channels.

Please see, add to, samples....
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4940#comment:2