[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.21 and "could not open card" in setup?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 21:00:05 UTC 2008

On 15/03/2008, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/03/2008, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 15/03/2008, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > As a route to upgrade from 0.20.2 to 0.21 I have upgraded Ubuntu from
> > > Gutsy.
> > > All seems to have gone ok and it has upgraded myth to 0.21 it seems.
> > >
> > >  However when I go in to the mythtv-setup, delete the 2 interfaces and
> try
> > > to re-create the WinTV PVR-250's
> > > I see an error under the DVB card type:-
> > >
> > > could not open card"#0 subtype mythtv
> >

> > The PVR-250 is not a DVB card. It is a hardware MPEG-2 encoder.
>
> Sorry I had a senior moment there! The cards I have are WinTV Nova-T model
> 909 cards.

In that case, first check for the existence and permissions of your
/dev/dvb/* devices and ensure the user running mythtv-setup and
mythbackend can access them. If you have updated your distro, you
might also want to check the correct DVB modules have been loaded for
the DVB cards (lsmod) and check their initialisation in dmesg/syslog.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/