[mythtv-users] watchlist question - "not the earliest episode"

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 15 23:13:09 UTC 2008

John P Poet wrote:
>>   Possibly what you want is ""Sort sub-titles Ascending,
>>   multi-titles Descending". This would put oldest "Stargate:
>>   Atlantis" at the top of the Stargate list but put the newest
>>   recordings at the top of the All Programs list.
>
> Which is exactly the way I use it.

John, I've always known that you'd like the oldest progid or
OAD selected. Currently, if the list isn't reversed (the bug
James spotted) the pre-processed list is oldest to newest so
it's simple to grab the first episode that comes along for
each recordid. Knowing which is going to be last or the lowest
recordid or whatever is trickier. This will take a little
redesign which is why I don't have a quick fix. Whatever I
do to get the oldest from a reverse list ought to be useful
for programid or originalairdate too then honor the selected
user option. I'm still thinking about the best way to go about
this.

--  bjm