[mythtv-users] streaming videos to windows machines

Dan Wilson dwilson at dslextreme.com
Sun Mar 16 18:42:04 UTC 2008

I have successfully gotten windows machines to connect to mythweb and
download and play recorded programs using the "direct download" button.

If, however, I use the "ASX stream" button, the video downloads
completely to windows media player before starting to play, just as a
direct download would do - i.e., it doesn't stream.

I suspect I am missing something trivial?

Backend is running CentOS 5.1, SVN 0.21-fixes

Windows PC is Win XP Pro, WMP 10, ffdshow installed.

Thanks!

Dan.