[mythtv-users] Problems with FireWire recording

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Mon Mar 17 02:38:48 UTC 2008

> I just popped in the 2.6.18-53.1.14 release that came out so I'll see how
> that goes.  If I still have trouble, I'll know to go to 2.6.24+.

So, the initial results with CentOS' 2.6.18-53.1.14 kernel are promising.

I was able to coax myth into a fight with the firewire system and it was
able to get itself out of trouble.  In the situation it got into this
evening, it had to reset the bus about 11 or 12 times before it got its wits
back and carried on.  The resulting recording was OK.

I don't know if this is a complete solution yet, so I'm going to continue
watching, but the initial results look very promising.  If this rears its
head back up later, I'll follow up on the list.

Thanks for pointing me to the solved kernel issue, Bruce.  I really
appreciate that.

Jason