[mythtv-users] recordings/mythvideo

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 17 14:06:09 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 6:55 AM, Peter wrote:

> I was wondering why mythtv was handling the recordings and the
> mythvideo
> playback differently. Why aren't mythvideos streamed to the frontend
> the
> same way like recordings?

No one has gotten to implementing that, yet. Also, not all people are
happy with the built-in player for videos so allowing external players
is how it's going to have to be until all the functionality is there
and bugs are all worked out. If videos are tied to streaming from the
backend, you would be tied to using the internal player.

> Wouldn't it be ideal if every media (videos, musik,pictures...) are
> stored only on the backend and streamed to the frontend without the
> need
> for a share directory?

Yes. That would be ideal.