[mythtv-users] XvMC and onboard NVIDIA 6100

J.D. mythtv at demuth.homelinux.org
Mon Mar 17 16:39:09 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Wouldn't my 6100 be older than any of yours? or does it not work that way :)
>
> Another tidbit - the Xorg.0.log shows  XVideo-MotionCompensation as being
> loaded but xdpyinfo only lists XVideo.

That reminds me of some big frustration I had getting XvMC to work -
you must not load "dri" but "glx". But I found out the hard way that
this is not enough. Not sure which option (or combination) finally did
the trick, but my xorg.conf has the following section:

    Section "Module"
            Load  "glx"
            Load  "extmod"
            Load  "dbe"
            Load  "fbdevhw"
            Load  "record"
            Load  "freetype"
            Load  "type1"
    EndSection

Hope this helps.

Btw. I updated my 6150 over the weekend from FC6 to F8 and myth .21. Now
the 6150 is driven by nvidia 169.09. Works well for me.