[mythtv-users] Doing an actual scan of the channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 17 17:40:53 UTC 2008

On 03/17/2008 01:30 PM, Ciro Iriarte wrote:
> 2008/3/17, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
>
>>  However, if you only have 5 channels, you should really think about just
>>  adding them manually.  Do
>>  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 to
>>  clean up the mess that's in there now (but don't do the channel scan or
>>  "Fetch channels from listings source"), then use the channel editor to
>>  create 5 new channels typing in the center frequency of the video
>>  carrier (in kHz) for the freqid.  Make sure each channel has a unique
>>  channel number and channel callsign.
> Ok, but where do I take the correct frequencies from?

In theory, they should be "published" somewhere.  Whether that somewhere
is some government registration document or the broadcaster's own
"documentation," I couldn't tell you.

Your best bet is to find other people in your country who are
knowledgeable about local broadcasts and see what information you can
get from them.  Perhaps someone can give you exact frequencies or a
reference to the documents that show those frequencies.

And, wikipedia may actually be useful, depending on what country you're
in.  As a matter of fact, if you were to mention your country here, it's
quite possible there may be some other MythTV user who has already
figured all this out.

Mike