[mythtv-users] Can I Totally Hide Certain Recordings?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Mon Mar 17 22:11:53 UTC 2008

>> If i schedule a recording to go into a recording group that
>is password
>> protected (ie. HBO Movies that are not kid friendly, etc),
>
>Did you really mean "Spice channel movies that are not wife friendly"?
>Otherwise you also need to be able to hide the guide data so the kids
>can't read the descriptions there, too.
>

>--
>Ron

Ron, all wife friendly stuff   lol

Basically, I'm looking for a way to separate myth to be multi user. I didn't
think about the guide part, but ya, that too I guess. Since we do a lot of
recording, it'd be nice to just see each person's own stuff. My wife doesn't
want to have to browse through all my stuff that is going to record, when
all she's looking for is Top Model and the like. Also, my mother in law (our
#1 babysitter) only speaks spanish, so all that english stuff is annoying
for her, would be easier to just show the spanish stuff. Some of my nieces
and nephews come over when my son is being babysat, and it'd be good to just
hide the adult stuff for reasons of sex, violence, etc etc. Some movies have
some non-kid friendly words just in the titles alone. The descriptions are
often worse.

It's not a huge deal, so if it's in the works, that's great. We can wait on
it. Would be a nice touch. I think it would really make each frontend seem
like it's own separate mythbox completely since ideally you'd be able to
specify what to see on it.
-Steve