[mythtv-users] Archos Video Formats ?????

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 17 22:37:23 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 4:31 PM, Jack Madison wrote:

> As mentioned in other e-mails, those are supposed to have
> superscripts (ie.
> MPEG-4 ^1).  What is also important to know is that some of the
> supported
> formats require paying for a plug-in ($20 x 2 plugins for all
> formats).

Much as I hate the idea of having to pay more than the advertised
price for the advertised functionality, which borders on bait-and-
switch, I have to admit that the price is not really unreasonable.

>  As a
> mythTV user and a happy Archos 605 wifi owner, I have been
> converting my DVDs
> to H.264/AAC/mp4 format at a decent quality good enough for TV, and
> they play
> great on the Archos.  I don't know much about the 504, but I do know
> it's the
> previous generation.  I'd spend the extra money on a current 605
> model, but
> at $129 it's probably a great deal for what you get

That was my thought, it seems to be a lot of bang for the buck. I was
thinking of it as a gift for a youngster so being a bit behind the
latest isn't all that bad.

beww