[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase 'Not adding channel' that's enabled in SchedulesDirect

Benton Roberts benton at panix.com
Mon Mar 17 23:30:03 UTC 2008

Hello, all.

I am having a problem with mythfilldatabase (on MythTV 20.2). When I run
it with --do-channel-updates, it skips many of the channels I have
enabled in SchedulesDirect. I don't think I've been able to add new
channels since upgrading to 20.1.

However, the more channels I enable on the SchedulesDirect website, the
more messages I see from mythfilldatabase saying 'Not adding channel X'.
So the XML data seems to be getting to my system, but mythfilldatabase
is not adding these channels, and I can't see why.

The missing channels do not show up in the 'channels' table when looking
at the database directly with phpMyAdmin,nor in the settings page of
mthweb. So it's not that the channels are in the DB but flagged as
disabled -- they're not being put into the DB by mythfilldatabase.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--
- benton