[mythtv-users] Sync Issues 0.21

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:33:23 UTC 2008

> On 15-Mar-08, at 2:48 AM, Jon wrote:
>
>> So I dove in and upgraded this weekend. I backed up my db, and did a
>> complete reload. I installed openSUSE 10.3, updated everything and
>> installed myth using yast. Everything was pretty smooth, I restored
>> my database, and then ran setup, it upgraded accordingly. The problem
>> is, since I've upgraded, everything I've recorded is all out of
>> whack. When I play it, the audio and video get out of sync, then the
>> audio speeds up to catch the video and cuts in and out, and the video
>> plays as if it's in fast forward. If I play the file in mplayer, the
>> audio plays at normal speed, but the video is playing in fast
>> forward. All files are recorded in mpeg4 (Xvid). I know this is tough
>> on a CPU, but have never had problems in the past. I can watch last
>> nights recordings, and they play just fine, but anything that's been
>> recorded since the upgrade is all wonky.
>>

>> For troubleshooting:
>>
>> P4 2.4ghz
>> 1gig ram
>> Matrox G450 (this is supposed to be a backend only)
>> Hauppage WinTV-Go plus (bt878)

Okay, changed my setup a bit. I've gotten 2 pinnacle HDTV pci cards
and threw them in the masterbackend. I have a hauppage bt878 card in
my slave backend. I haven't gotten the pinnacle cards working yet, so
I've been just recording off the slave backend, that's a driver/
kernel issue I think, troubleshooting on the v4l mailing list (or at
least asking for help, they don't seem to be of much use yet). Both
systems are running the latest updates of openSUSE 10.3. Myth 0.21
packages from pacman. The slave backend/main frontend is a 2.8ghz P4-
HT cpu, also a gig of ram, and a nvidia GF4 5200. I took the matrox
card out of the backend, and am running on the on-board intel 845g
graphics.

So, all my recordings since the update are all weirding out.
Specifically, when I play them, they start out going okay, and within
a few seconds it'll start playing at like 10x with the audio speeded
up way past chipmunk speed. This doesn't *appear* to be happening
when we watch live tv.

I was going to just solve the problem by putting HD cards in. I got
the pinnacle HDTV (800i?) cards on recommendation, and am having some
driver problems with them. When I scan channels, it locks up the
card. This also happens when I attempt to tune a channel with azap. I
have put one of the cards in a windows machine to verify that it
wasn't my aerial. The windows drivers scan all the stations I
expected to get, and have 100% signal (according to the software).

So, who can fix one of, or both my problems.

~Jon